Italian Wine Scholar
Created by native Italian, Maurizio Broggi, DWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia, the Italian Wine Scholar is a wine course designed to provide committed students with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on Italian wine. The study program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail, and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French Wine Scholar program. Students who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the Italian Wine Scholar (IWS) post-nominal.
The Program Includes Everything You Need to Become Fully Versed in the World of Italian Wines:
- 33 hours of classroom instruction
- tutored tasting of over 70 Italian wines
- 280-page full-color IWS Study Manual ($135 value)
- Access to the Italian Wine Scholar Online Study Program for class prep and review ($295 value)
- IWS Exam Registration ($250 value)
- IWS credential, certificate, and lapel pin upon passing the exam
Who is this program for?
- Sommeliers, educators, wine buyers, importers, distributors, journalists, winemakers, winery personnel, wine enthusiasts.
- The Italian Wine Scholar Study and Certification program provides current, accurate and in-depth information on the wines and wine regions of Italy.
For registration and additional information
please contact Marla Priest, Director of Mana Wine: